Friday, April 9, 2010

I Am Your God- Isaiah 43:1-3

I Am Your God- Guitar worship music using acoustic fingerstyle guitar and guitar synths to make scriptures come alive

As a guitarist, songwriter and worshipper of Jesus - and traveler through this life- I need to keep my focus on Jesus Christ and his promises of hope , love, and redemption. Life is difficult, sometimes joyous, sometimes painful as you all know. I use bible scriptures to remind me of the good things God promises. This helps me " be transformed by the renewing of the mind" -see Romans 12:3.

Putting scripture to music is my way of - expressing those words as mine , making them even more beautiful and sharing them with you.- This is why I wrote " I Am Your God"--Here's what it says to me:--- no matter what I go through , God is with me-- "Never will I leave you nor forsake you"- see Jos 1:5

The Lyrics

"When you walk through the waters"--Water can be a lyrical allusion to our experiences both good and bad. As water can be refreshing sometimes flooding can make the waters too deep--( puzzling, challenging, strenuous, tiring ,ect)

" I will be with You"- Nevertheless, God promises to be with us, to give us strength , wisdom , support . But we don't get these things without his help!--"Not by might nor by power but by my spirit say's the Lord" --see Zech 4:6

" And the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you"-- no problem or situation is too much for God's saving grace.

Chorus "For I am Your God

I am with you

For I am Your God

I love you" ---- This is all I need to know. God loves me and cares about me.-
"Surely I am with you even to the end of the age" see Math 28:20

" When you walk through the fire"---Circumstances that, hurt, destroy, --extreme sufferings ( sickness, loneliness, being misunderstood, death, financial loss, ect)

"you shall not be burned"--eventually God will cause good to come out of everything--" in all things God works for the good of those who love him" see Rom 8 :28

" you shall not be burned" he will use the heat to reshape you not hurt you .

"the flames shall not overwhelm you" --Good will eventually come from the extreme heat of sufferings

"do not fear I have come to redeem you"--God will buy back the ravages of suffering.

" I am near, I have called you by name- you are mine"--In the video you will see many people pictured (both family and friends). These are examples of all of us who God calls as his.

Song Performance and Production

This recording is more than 20 years old. It was recorded on a cassette 4 track. (remember those). It was played on a "Martin spd -16" in a dropped "d" tuning. All sounds are performed by me on guitar synth and bass guitar.Hopefully " I Am Your God " will bring you into God's presence as you meditate on his word and worship him for his Holiness---- God bless-- Glenn Zervas


2 comments:

  1. Glenn - great job! A very encouraging song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenn,
    I've been reading Darlene Zschech's book entitled Extravagant Worship(which you recommended). In one of the chapters, it talks about the passage from Revelation 21:6-7. "It is done. I am Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink WITHOUT COST from the spring of the water of life. He WHO OVERCOMES will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son". Not only is God with us in the storm, but there is a promise for those that overcome and trust in him. Darlene reminds us that valuable things cost something. Are we willing to pay the price? Something to meditate on.....

    ReplyDelete